Church membership demonstrates the power of unity and is evidence of personal commitment. At St John Baptist Church, we are a thriving spiritual center that builds Christ-like believers. Discover connection, community, and change as a part of our church family.
Accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, followed by baptism, is the path to membership at SJBC.
As believers, we all have a place in the body of Christ. The Bible says, “For the body is not one member, but many,”(1 Corinthians 12:14 NKJV). Finding a church home is a necessary and vital part to your life as a Christian. Every person, in every situation, can find your place in our family.
SJBC is firmly grounded in God’s word with an emphasis on worship, equipping believers of all ages, and showing God’s love to our local and global community through serving.
- Connection: We have weekly fellowship and growth opportunities, from in-person and virtual weekly services, to connections for different demographics, including women, men, seniors, and youth. There is strength in connection and you’ll easily find your place at SJBC.
- Community: St John is a community where you will feel welcomed, loved, and accepted. We love the Lord and one another. You will gain deep, rich relationships within our church family that help you experience God’s love in your life.
- Change: Faith in Jesus Christ produces change in our lives. At St John, as we grow in our relationships with God and each other, we change for the better. According to 2 Corinthians 5:17: “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”
You can join our church virtually or at any in-person service. Once you fill out the “Join Our Church” form online or walk down the aisle in person, the next steps lay out the process to membership at St John Baptist Church:
- Step 1: Deacon Visit – Upon expressing a desire to join our church, you will be assigned a Deacon to serve you. That Deacon will schedule a virtual or in-person visit to learn more about you, share some information about SJBC, and answer any questions you have.
- Step 2: Baptism (4th Sunday of Each Month) – Water baptism by immersion is an outward expression of an inward commitment to faith in Jesus Christ. Those who are accepting Christ for the first time are invited to be baptized as a requirement for membership.
- Step 3: Connect Discipleship Class 1 – We offer 4 weeks of New Member Classes to provide a basic understanding of our beliefs, our goals, and our purpose. After the 1st class, you become eligible for membership. The Membership Class will clarify any questions you may have regarding our beliefs and policies. Each class provides a question and answer period. Call the church office (410-970-6454) for more details.
- Step 4: Right Hand of Fellowship – After a new member candidate has completed Steps 1 through 3, you are eligible for full membership. On the 1st Sunday of each month, candidates are given the “Right Hand of Fellowship” signifying that they are Active Members of the St John Baptist Church Family.
- Step 5: Get Involved – As a new member, you’ll be responsible for attending worship services and bible studies, serving in ministries, and sharing in our community. We can’t wait to welcome you to our family!
TAKE THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD BY FILLING OUT AND SUBMITTING THE FORM BELOW
To register, email Rev. Rickey Harvey, Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org.